9/05/2007

You Know You are a Bonafide Writer When...

I've been tagged by Jan, and I like these games so...

You know you are a bonafide writer when...

--You don't choose purses on how cute they are but on whether it is big enough to hold your journal.
--You often have to decipher writing done in your sleep because you were just awake enough to realize something was a good idea, but not awake enough to get up, turn the light on, and write it down in "awake English".
--You are in a conversation and finish a thought, but are distracted by trying to figure out how to finish that better in a book or article.
--Consider "roughing it" to mean you write by hand in a journal rather than on a computer.
--You know which pen you used when writing something down based on the characteristics of the ink.
--While others may believe a pen is just a pen, you know better.
--When you write in a journal, you leave the opposite page clear for future notes and thoughts because eventually they will come.
--Others escape from their computers, and you escape to yours.
--Your "desk" consists of a recliner and a table beside it for your coffee.
--When planning a trip to the beach, you wonder how you'll keep sand out of the keyboard.
--At then beach, you sit under the umbrella so you can still see the computer screen.
--You think proper work attire is pajamas.

And, yes, I'm a bonafide writer. Are you? Is so, tell us how you know.

6 comments:

Jan Parrish said...

LOL. Thanks for playing.
I love this one. "When you write in a journal, you leave the opposite page clear for future notes and thoughts because eventually they will come." I do that! :) No wonder we're friends.

Think for a moment of a beautiful beach side resort and all of us there on the deck under umbrella's with our laptops, clicking away. Ahhhh, paradise. :)

tonya said...

Jerri, you should see my purse! LOL yes, it must hold all my stuff! Yes, I too escape to my computer! Great post, as usual!

Anonymous said...

Jan,
You realize, of course, it would so crack me up for us to do something like that that I would have to take a picture.

Tonya,
My "purse" for this weekend is a backpack. When I went to NY for the concerts, I didn't take a purse, I took a backpack that held my white gloves, my camera, a book I was reading, and my journal. The only "pursey" thing was my wallet and lipstick to make my mouth stand out on stage.

Jan Parrish said...

OH, and you added me to your blog roll. Thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

YES! I finally figured out how to do a blog roll and add my picture. I updated my template, and voila! Everything I had wanted to do was there!

Jan Parrish said...

:) Your blog is looking really good. I love the background.